Safety of Machinery Essential Skills - remote, off-site training
In common with on-site training, the objective of remote, off-site training, is to give designers of machinery the knowledge and tools to design safe machinery in accordance with UK Regulations and European Union Directives for machinery.
The situation brought about during the COVID-19 pandemic and the need for social distancing has been to encourage remote training. To this end our Safety of Machinery Training Essential Skills have been optimised for delivery using the Microsoft Teams interface. In contrast to the on-site, face-to-face approach, because remote learning is done through a virtual interface, it is vulnerable to limiting engagement between the trainer and the trainees. The remote, on-line, Safety of Machinery Essential Skills training has been structured to maintain and encourage interaction and engagement.
The benefits of remote training can be summarised in 5 ways:
- Cost-efficiency - Costs are focused on delivery. Not subject to travel, accommodation, and subsistence costs thus much smaller cost to the company.
- Time efficiency – Attendees time is focused on delivery. Not subject to travel away from the work environment.
- Accessibility – Attendees can be located worldwide limited only by network availability and time zones.
- Convenience - training sessions can be conducted between multiple locations located almost anywhere worldwide.
- Collaboration - Unlike most "podcasts" training sessions allow for interaction between the trainees and Trainer enhancing the knowledge transfer.
[go to Contact page]